Test Initialization Logs¶
OctoPerf lets you review the process of initializing the load injector via a Test Initialization Logs panel:
The test status goes through each of the following steps:
- CREATED: the test start operation is created,
- PENDING: OctoPerf's backend registered the start operation,
- PREPARING/SCALING: load injectors are being started (this operation may take a few minutes for large load test, a progress is displayed),
- INITIALIZING: virtual user scripts and files are copied to the injectors,
- RUNNING: the load test is running,
- FINISHED: the load test is done.
There are two more status:
- ABORTED: when you click on the Stop button before the end pf the performance test,
- ERROR: if the test failed to start.
The test may fail to start if you try to run to many concurrent users on and on-premise load injector or if a Cloud provider failed to deliver instances.
To view the 500 first lines of a log file, simply select it on the left table. Its content appears on the right.
You can also download the full log file by clicking on the Download button. A .log.gz is downloaded when you click on it. You need a file compression tool like 7Zip to extract it.
Log files may not be present in several cases:
- You cancelled a virtual user validation before it ended.
- The virtual user validation or the load test failed to start.
- The virtual user validation was executed too long ago, the log files may be erased in such case.