Performance Bench Report¶
Once you have reached this section, it means that you have:
- Designed one or more realistic virtual users,
- Built a scenario which simulates your customer devices and network conditions,
- Launched a test.
Now that the test is running, the most interesting part of the test is starting: analyze the results, and spot the performance bottlenecks.
The following sections describe how to create custom bench reports. There is no limit on the number of graphs or metrics you can put inside the report.
The Bench Reports section is a Live view of your test allowing you to:
- Analyze test metrics like Response Time or Throughput,
- Drill-down to performance bottlenecks and point them out,
- Build comprehensive test reports.
All the operations described below can be done while the test is running. Any modification done is saved automatically.
Bench Report Items¶
The heart of our Bench Report system is to provide a highly customizable reporting system. This has been made possible by allowing to:
- Add / Insert / Remove items,
- Order items,
- Customize item settings.
The following items are available:
- Summary Items,
- Line charts: draw various metrics like UserLoad, Connect time,
- Pie and Bar charts: show http response code repartition, or top 10 latency time.
Select a Report Item¶
To select a load test Report Item, simply click on it. A blue border appears on the selection.
You can use the following keyboard shortcuts to interact with the selection:
|del||Removes the selected item.|
|↑||Selects the previous item.|
|↓||Selects the next item.|
|ctrl + ↑||Moves the selected item up.|
|ctrl + ↓||Moves the selected item down.|
The buttons are visible when you place your mouse on any item, on its top right corner.
The 'Shift+?' shortcut shows / hides a list of available shortcuts.
Add a Report Item¶
The following procedure explain how to add a report item:
- Select the report item type in the sidebar,
- Drag and drop the item on the right inside the report.
Video showing how to add a report item
Move a Report Item¶
The following procedure explain how to move a report item:
- Select the report item by clicking on its name,
- Drag'n drop the item on the right inside the report.
Video showing how to move a report item
Delete a Report Item¶
To delete a report item:
- Hover the item with the mouse,
- Click on the Delete button in the top right corner.
Summary Report Items¶
The summary items provide test-wide metrics like Average Response time. The following items are available:
- Text: insert a paragraph with a title,
- Statistics: Various test-wide statistics. Example: total hits, average response time,
- Summary: Describes the scenario which has been run for this test,
- Results Table: Provides test-wide statistics for each container and request,
- Delta Table: Provides statistics comparison, column by column, for each container and request,
- Errors Table: Provides a detailed view about each error which occurred during the test.
Line Chart Report Items¶
Line charts display performance and monitoring metrics overt time.
This section contains uncategorized charts, such as:
- Top: provides a top of containers or http requests for a given metric,
- Pie: to get a quick overview of a metric repartition,
- Percentiles: displays percentiles for one or several metrics.
You can configure the report by clicking on the Configuration button on the left menu:
- Graph legends,
- Curves and columns colors.
You can view the SLA profiles by clicking on the SLA Profiles button on the left menu.
You can view the JMeter logs by clicking on the JMeter Logs button on the left menu.
You can view the test initialization logs by clicking on the Test Logs button on the left menu.
The right of the report displays a summary:
You must place your mouse over the summary button to open the panel. You can click on any item to scroll to it.
Click on the summary button (or on the lock icon) to lock the panel in opened position.