8.x.x to 9.x.x¶
As of 9.0.0 and above, Rancher is no longer required to run OctoPerf EE. Rancher was used to manage load generators. Now, load generators connect to OctoPerf EE server directly.
Hosts registered on Rancher must be registered again on OctoPerf EE using the command-line provided in Private Hosts > On-Premise section:
- Upgrade to
- Deactivate and remove hosts on Rancher UI,
- Stop and remove Rancher Agent containers on each host,
- Login on OctoPerf EE,
- Go to Accounts, then select On-Premise,
- Register again each host using the command-line provided.
7.5.x to 8.x.x¶
Prior to upgrading from OctoPerf Enterprise-Edition 7.x.x to 8.x.x, a migration script must be run. The migration script can be DOWNLOADED HERE.
What does this script? It reindexes the 7.x.x elasticsearch indexes (analysis, design and monitoring) into smaller indexes compatible with Elasticsearch 6.x.x.
Indices created by Enterprise-Edition up to 7.x.x contain multiple types per indice. As of Elasticsearch 6, one index can only contain a single type of json documents. OctoPerf EE 8.0.x and above is based on Elasticsearch 6+. For this reason, a migration is required.
Which versions are supported?¶
The upgrade supports migrating Elasticsearch indices created by version 7.5.x. It upgrades the indexes to OctoPerf EE 8.0.x. Make sure to upgrade first to OctoPerf EE 7.5.x, before manually upgrading the database.
How to migrate OctoPerf Enterprise-Edition from 7.x.x to 8.0.x
- Download the migration script on the host running OctoPerf EE,
- In Rancher UI, Make sure OctoPerf EE 7.5.x Elasticsearch service is running,
- In Rancher UI, stop all other OctoPerf EE services like frontend and backend to prevent any user interaction while upgrading the database,
- In a Shell Terminal, run the bash migration script on the same machine:
./v800/_v800.sh. This operation may take several minutes / hours depending on the amount of data to reindex,
- The script should have created many indices with name starting with
- In Rancher UI, upgrade Enterprise-Edition to 8.0.x. The OctoPerf EE server will apply additional data upgrades once started,
- Login on OctoPerf EE and make sure all the previous projects, results are there and readable.
Make sure all your data is properly accessible through OctoPerf EE Web UI before deleting the old indices. Failing to do so may result in data loss.
On the migration is completed successfully, delete the old indices:
curl -XDELETE localhost:9200/analysis,
curl -XDELETE localhost:9200/design,
curl -XDELETE localhost:9200/monitoring.
The 3 commands above delete the legacy indices.