The variable page lets you configure, in one place, predefined variables.
To open the variables page, simply click on the Configuration > Variables button in the Virtual User page or use the upper menu:
The left part of the page lists all the variables for the current project. Variables declared in this list are common to all the VUs of a project. You can use the headers of this list to filter or sort it.
The right part displays the selected variable configuration. It is only editable if a variable is selected.
Four types of variables are available:
- Constant Variables that associate a single value to the variable name,
- Random Variables that associate a single random value to the variable name,
- Counter Variables that increase the count every iteration,
- CSV Variables that uses a CSV formatted file for the values of the variable.
The following procedure explains how to add a variable configuration:
- Click on the Add button,
- A dropdown appears,
- Select the type of variable to add: Constant, Random, Counter or CSV,
- A new variable name
variable_nis added to the list and selected.
- Edit the input fields on the right,
- Close the variable panel by clicking on the Close button positioned at the top right corner.
The following procedure explains how to remove a variable configuration:
- Click on the variable to remove in the variables list,
- Click on the Delete button.
You can use SHIFT + click or CTRL + click to select multiple variables and delete them all at once.
As variables are commons to all VUs of a project, variable removal and update may affect VUs that you are note currently editing.