OctoPerf Enterprise-Edition licensing system works with license files. The server is bundled with a default license which provides:
- 50 concurrent virtual users,
- 2 concurrent user profiles,
- 1h max test duration.
Our licensing system requires no activation. A single license can be used on as many controllers as you want. Any license comes with:
- unlimited number of tests,
- unlimited number of load generators,
- unlimited number of user accounts,
- unlimited number of enterprise-edition servers.
Installing a License File¶
To install a custom license file, you need to map the enterprise-edition volume /home/root/license to the location on the local disk where the license.l4j file is saved.
Setup License Volume
- Open Rancher UI,
- Go to Stacks, then enterprise-edition and click on the upgrade or up-to-date button to upgrade to whole stack,
- In OctoPerf License Location, enter the the local directory absolute path containing the license.l4j we provided. Example: /home/ubuntu/Downloads/license.
- Click on Upgrade button.
The backend should restart and take into account the provided license file.
When using Enterprise-Edition via our Rancher Catalog, each upgrade resets the volume mapping. It's because the OctoPerf Catalog uses local data volumes by default.
See Data Storage Settings if you wish to customize data location settings.
Checking License Installation¶
To check if the license is installed properly, follow the procedure below:
License Check Procedure
- Login on OctoPerf Enterprise-Edition with any account,
- Click on Account > Subscriptions,
- The license information are displayed here.
There are several type of license available for purchase:
- Rental License: this license is only valid for a given period,
- Perpetual License: this license is valid forever but upgrades are only valid for a given period. Once the maintenance period is over, you can still use your license with older versions of OctoPerf without any restriction.
I have properly mapped my license file, but the license information doesn't show up in the subscriptions panel.
First, make sure the volume mapping is configured correctly. Then, there may be several reasons why your license is not taken into account, please take contact with our Sales Team for more information.