The Monitoring Page¶
The Monitoring page lets you list and create Monitoring connections.
For each connection, the list displays:
- The name and description,
- The creation and edition dates,
- The number of counters,
- The number of thresholds,
- The type of connection.
Connections list actions¶
Several actions are available when placing your mouse over an existing connection in the list:
|Duplicate Connection||Lets you duplicate a connection in one click. You can then change the configuration of the duplicated connection. It's very useful if you have multiple identical servers that you want to monitor.|
|Check Connection||Lets you check a connection in one click. The icons displays a check successful / failed when the check operation is done (it may take some time to proceed).|
|Disable Connection||Lets you disable a connection in one click. This will prevent having monitoring metrics in the bench report when running a load test. Handy when you are testing multiple environments.|
|Delete Connection||Lets you remove a connection in one click. This operation cannot be reverted (you will have to create the connection from scratch) so proceed with caution.|
You can filter the displayed connections using the Filter field:
- Simply type the name in the Filter field placed on the upper right corner of the page,
- The list bellow will only display the monitoring connections that contains the term in their name or description.
Create a connection¶
To create a new monitoring connection simply click on the big plus button. The following screen appears:
The following procedure explains how to create a Monitoring Connection:
- Select a monitoring agent (you may need to create a an op-premise provider and start a monitoring agent if you do ne have any),
- Select the type connection,
- Click on the Next button,
- Proceed with the creation wizard.
The following steps of the creation depends on the type of connection you want to create: