Workspaces are used for collaboration between testers. A workspace contains several members with a role for each one:
- At least one Admin (he can add other members and edit the workspace),
- Testers can create new projects,
- Viewers can check the Virtual Users and test results.
All members of a Workspace can utilize the resources of the Workspace - be it Virtual users, Tests Reports, Scenario configuration, private injectors etc.
The workspace management menu is available on the upper right corner of the application:
From this drop-down menu you can quickly access each workspace that you are a member of.
The workspace list¶
You can also access the workspaces administration page by using the Workspaces link:
Workspace list actions¶
Several actions are available when placing your mouse over an existing workspace in the list:
|Open Workspace||Opens the workspace, redirecting you to its list of projects.|
|Edit Workspace||Opens the edition panel to let you change the workspace name, its description and members.|
|Delete Workspace||Lets you remove a Workspace in one click. All the projects of the workspace are also removed. This operation cannot be reverted so proceed with caution.|
Create a workspace¶
The following procedure explains how to create a workspace:
- Click on the big Plus blue button,
- The creation form appears on top of the workspaces list,
- Fill in your workspace name and description,
- Click on Save.
Once you saved the workspace you can edit it to add members. See section below.
Edit a workspace¶
The following procedure explains how to edit a workspace:
- In the workspaces list click on any Edit button ,
- The edition form appears on top of the workspaces list,
- Under Add member, type the email address of the OctoPerf user whom you want to invite into your Workspace,
- The members list is updated with the new member,
- Select his role in the combo,
- Click on Close when your are done with added members.
You can click on the trash icons in the members list but keep in mind that at least one user with the Admin role must remain in every Workspace.
You can only invite existing users. The mail at the right of the Add member import is here to help send invitations to OctoPerf.
Edit a workspace member¶
The following procedure explains how to edit a workspace member:
- In the workspace members list select the Advanced role,
- The advanced edition form appears under the workspaces member,
- Click on Add project access, a new line appears in the form,
- Select the project Id and the access level (Read only or full access),
- Click on Add provider access, a new line appears in the form,
- Select the provider Id and the access level (Read only or full access),
Remove a workspace¶
The following procedure explains how to remove a workspace and all of its content:
- Go on the workspaces homepage,
- Place your mouse over the workspace you want to remove,
- Click on the Delete button that appears next to the workspace name,
- Click on Yes when prompted to confirm the deletion.
Deleting a Workspace deletes all the data it contains - projects, virtual users, scenarios, monitored machines, test reports, private injectors etc.
Every user must have at least one Workspace. A default one is automatically created during connection if need be.