Chrome HAR record¶
Google Chrome has a built-in extensions which allows to easily record requests and responses and export them as HAR format.
Quick Video explaining how to record HTTP requests with Google Chrome
How to record¶
The following procedure explains how to record HTTP as an HAR file with Chrome:
- Start Chrome,
- Then press CTRL + SHIFT + N to start an incognito session,
- Press F12 to display the developer bar,
- Select Network tab, and check preserve log,
- Navigate to record HTTP traffic,
- Right-click on any request and select Save as HAR with content.
Create Virtual User: Import HAR¶
Upload the newly created HAR file to create a virtual user:
Simply drop the file in the HAR area or use the Choose File button. The download starts automatically.
By default OctoPerf will filter a certain number of URLs based on a few blocklists:
Make sure to
Disable ad blocker if you prefer to keep everything.