OctoPerf Enterprise-Edition (OctoPerf EE) is a standalone application running as a couple of Docker containers. OctoPerf EE is the equivalent of OctoPerf Saas, but fully installable on your own computers. OctoPerf EE is best suited for businesses which require data to be kept private and safe.
OctoPerf EE can be setup in two ways:
- Quick Setup: easily run OctoPerf EE inside a virtual machine to try it out,
- Advanced Setup: setup your own machine with OctoPerf EE.
OctoPerf EE Docker Containers Graph.
OctoPerf EE is made of 2 proprietary components:
- OctoPerf Enterprise-Edition: Backend server which is the Rest Api consumed by the UI,
- OctoPerf UI: Frontend server which serves the User Interface,
And 3 open-source components:
- Rancher Server: Docker Host orchestration system used to drive hosts when running load tests,
- Elasticsearch: Database which contains most of the datas including virtual users and test results,
- Load Balancer: the load balancer exposes the Backend and Frontend Servers on a unique endpoint.
OctoPerf EE has the following installation requirements:
- CPU: At least 4 cores, Intel Core I7 or Xeon recommended,
- RAM: At least 8GB RAM, 16GB recommended,
- Disk: At least 10GB on a modern SSD, 100GB recommended to have enough space for test results,
- Operating system: Linux, Ubuntu 16.04LTS or greater is recommended. Any Distribution which supports the latest Docker versions.
- Server: both physical and virtual machines are supported, however physical servers are recommended.
- Software: Docker must be installed. Docker 17.05CE or newer is recommended.
For stability reasons, we recommend to use separate machines for running OctoPerf EE and execute load tests.
Docker has numerous advantages:
- Easily package applications with their environment into Docker images,
- Easily run any application as Docker containers,
- Keeps the machine clean, almost nothing is installed on the target machine. Once the containers are removed, the machine is clean.