Being based on Docker has numerous advantages:
- Easy to setup: easily run the application within minutes using docker-compose,
- Clean: Remove the Docker containers and you're done. Your system is kept clean,
- Flexible configuration: Docker gives you the full control over configuration, ranging from Single Machine setup to High Availability clustered environments.
OctoPerf Enterprise-Edition Setup takes only a few minutes.
OctoPerf EE is made of 4 components:
- OctoPerf Enterprise-Edition: Backend server exposing the Rest Api consumed by the User-Interface,
- OctoPerf UI: Frontend server which serves the User-Interface,
- OctoPerf Documentation: small nginx server serving the documentation,
- and Elasticsearch: Database used to persist all your datas.
OctoPerf EE has the following installation requirements:
- CPU: >= 4 cores, Intel Core I7 or Xeon recommended,
- RAM: >= 8GB RAM, 16GB recommended,
- Disk: >= 50GB free disk space on a fast modern SSD (NVMe preferred, else Sata), 100GB recommended (to have enough room for test results),
- Operating system: Linux, Latest Ubuntu LTS is recommended. Any Distribution which supports the latest Docker versions,
- Server: both physical and virtual machines are supported, however physical servers are recommended,
- Software: Docker must be installed. Docker CE 20.10.10 or newer is recommended.
For stability reasons, we recommend to use separate machines for running OctoPerf EE and execute load tests.