Firefox HAR record¶
Firefox has a built-in extensions which allows to easily record requests and responses and export them as HAR format.
Quick Video explaining how to record HTTP requests with Firefox
How to record¶
The following procedure explains how to record HTTP as an HAR file with Firefox:
- Start Firefox,
- Then press CTRL + SHIFT + P to start an incognito session,
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + I to display the developer toolbar,
- Select Toolbox options tab, and check enable persistent log,
- Go back to_Network_ tab
- Navigate to record HTTP traffic,
- Right-click on any request and select Save All As HAR.
Create Virtual User: Import HAR¶
Upload the newly created HAR file to create a virtual user:
Simply drop the file in the HAR area or use the Choose File button. The download starts automatically.
If a response/request is truncated by Firefox follow this procedure:
- Type about:config in the URL bar to open the configuration page
- Increase the values of those parameters ("0" or "-1" won't configure them as unlimited) :
By default OctoPerf will filter a certain number of URLs based on a few blocklists:
Make sure to
Disable ad blocker if you prefer to keep everything.
This option consumes a lot of computing power, to compensate for that we will consider the virtual users as Heavy VUs.
We will automatically apply think time on requests based on the timings inside the HAR file. If you prefer to have one think time per container, you can use Convert as delays between containers instead: