The notification page displays the list of notification configurations. It is accessible from the upper menu:
Notifications can be used along with scheduled tests to be notified about test statuses.
For each notification, the list displays:
- The type,
- The notification description,
- The event ids.
There are 3 types of notification available:
- Http WebHook.
The event IDs define what events are sent for each configuration: test started, test in error, test finished, etc.
Add or Edit a Notification¶
Click on a notification in the list to edit it. Click on the Add notification at the bottom of the list to add a new notification.
The following procedure explains how to add/edit a notification:
- Select the type of notification,
- Select the event IDs,
- Type in the information specific to the selected type of notification (email, slack credentials, HTTP URL and headers),
- (Optional) Select the filters on concurrent users and test duration,
- Click on Save.
Integration with slack¶
First of all you will need to to configure an incoming webhook in slack. The procedure can be found in their documentation.
For this example we will be assuming that slack:
- Gave you this URL during the webhook creation
- The user that created the webhook is named
- Has an
Democan post into it.
In OctoPerf it would look like this: