Virtual User Design
The Design page lest you list and create Virtual Users. A Virtual User (shortened VU) represents a user journey through your application. It lets you simulate a real user behavior.
Create a VU
To create a new virtual user simply click on the big blue Plus button to display the creation form.
Then there are several methods to create a virtual user:
- From Website URLs: enter the URLs you would like to test,
- Import JMeter JMX: import and existing JMeter project,
- Import Chrome HAR: import web browser Http Archive,
- Import Fiddler / Charles / Firefox HAR: import Http Archive generated by Fiddler or Charles Proxy or FireFox,
- Selenium Web Driver: enter a JMeter WebDriver script to simulate a real-browser interactions.
We strongly recommend to record your web application using Fiddler or Firefox as they also record response contents.
HAR is an abbreviation for Http Archive:
The HTTP Archive format or HAR, is a JSON-formatted archival format for logging of a web browsers interaction with a site. The common extension for these files is .har.
Several browser like Chrome or Firefox supports recording HTTP traffic as HAR natively.
Several tools allow to record your application as HAR like:
We recommend to use Fiddler.
HAR import filtered servers
OctoPerf automatically filters servers when you import a HAR:
- Google, Facebook, etc.
The complete list is available here.
You can also remove servers after the import if we missed some of them.