The Design Page¶
The Design page lets you list and create Virtual Users. A Virtual User (shortened VU) represents a user journey through your application. It lets you simulate a real user behavior.
For each VU, the list displays:
- The name and description,
- The creation and edition dates,
- The number of containers,
- The number of actions,
- The type of VU (JMeter or WebDriver).
Virtual Users list actions¶
Several actions are available when placing your mouse over an existing connection in the list:
|Duplicate VU||Lets you duplicate a VU in one click. You can then edit the duplicated VU.|
|Delete VU||Lets you remove a VU in one click. This operation cannot be reverted so proceed with caution.|
Filter Virtual Users¶
You can filter the displayed VUs using the Filter field:
- Simply type the name in the Filter field placed on the upper right corner of the page,
- The list bellow will only display the VUs that contains the term in their name or description.
Create a VU¶
To create a new virtual user simply click on the big blue Plus button to display the creation form.
Then there are several methods to create a virtual user:
- From Website URLs: enter the URLs you would like to test,
- Import JMeter JMX: import and existing JMeter project,
- Import Chrome HAR: import web browser Http Archive,
- Import Fiddler / Charles Proxy / Firefox HAR: import Http Archive generated by Fiddler or Charles Proxy or FireFox,
- Selenium Web Driver: enter a JMeter WebDriver script to simulate a real-browser interactions.
We strongly recommend to record your web application using Fiddler or FireFox as they also record response contents.
HAR is an abbreviation for Http Archive:
The HTTP Archive format or HAR, is a JSON-formatted archival format for logging of a web browsers interaction with a site. The common extension for these files is .har.
Several browser like Chrome or Firefox supports recording HTTP traffic as HAR natively.
HAR import filtered servers¶
OctoPerf automatically filters servers when you import a HAR:
- Google, Facebook, etc.
The complete list is available here.
You can also remove servers after the import if we missed some of them.