The device settings allow to mimic the behavior of a real browser:
Select the user agent header to simulate.
Modern applications may not look at the user agent anymore but you can still use the
Customized option to send a specific value for other purposes:
Allows you to configure the cookie manager of this user profile:
Standardfor automatic cookie extraction and replacement or
Ignoreto deactivate automatic cookie management,
- Clear Cookies on each iteration: cleans the cookies each time a virtual user instance runs a new iteration.
- As specified in the VU: Default option, uses the configuration of each HTTP action as defined on the design screen,
- Always false: Disables the Download resources option for all requests,
- Always true: Forcibly enables the Download resources option for all requests.
Allows you to configure the cache manager of this user profile:
- Cache size: defines the maximum number of elements the emulated cache should hold,
- Clear cache on each iteration: like cookies, clear cache when starting a new iteration,
- Use HTTP cache control headers: If activated, multiple similar HTTP GET may not be sent, in accordance to the cache control headers provided by the application.
Defines the network simulation in terms of the upload and download bandwidth. Network simulation allows to simulate similar connection conditions as a real user would experience.
The bandwidth setting apply to each virtual user instance.